Application Cycle: November 15, 2019 – February 1, 2020
Deadline to Submit: February 1, 2020 by 11:59 PM
Award Amount: $1,000 to student’s choice school
Selection: Recipients will be selected by the DEF Scholarship Committee, in conjunction with the Burtoni Family
To be eligible, student must:
– An all-around/well-rounded graduating senior from Durango High School, Animas High School or Big Picture High School
– Student does not need to be at the top of their class, but must have a minimum of a 2.5 GPA
– Totally committed to an activity in which the student is involved; a hard worker; and continuously striving to improve self
– Planning to attend a 4-year college, university or vocational/technical school
Applications will be evaluated on:
– Individual determination to succeed
– Future goals and plans to achieve them
– The activity or activities in which you have been involved and a description of your efforts in support of the activity or activities
Applications are by Electronic Submission Only via the link provided. If you do not have access to a computer, please inform your High School Counselor. To ensure a complete application, please read through the details below.
A complete application will include:
1. All student information (i.e. name, contact information, GPA, intended colleges, etc)
2. 2 Letters of Recommendation (LORs) from the following:
LOR #1: A person associated with an activity in which you have been involved, explaining how you always do YOUR best
LOR #2: A teacher, supervisor, coach/activity sponsor or counselor, explaining how you always do YOUR best
3. Letter of Interest: 250-500 word essay that addresses:
1. What are your academic and professional goals; and how have your life experiences shaped who you are today? Explain your academic and professional goals.
2. Explain how you always do YOUR best.