Always 100% Effort – Joe Burtoni Scholarship (open to Animas High School seniors) ($1,000)
Brinton Family Girls’ Swimming Scholarship (open to Animas High School seniors) ($1,000)
Durango High School Alumni Association – Distinguished Student Award Awarded by Nominations ($ TBD)
Hartney Family Scholarship with contributions made by Evening Rotary of Durango ($2,000)
Morehart Murphy Regional Auto Center: Automotive Scholarship ($1,000) possibility to renew, pending DEF & Donor Approval
Newbold Family Scholarship I & II ($2,000) Two scholarships will be awarded
Zink Family Scholarship ($1,500)
DLM Scholarship ($10,000) possibility to renew, pending Donor Approval
Walt Anderson Memorial Scholarship ($TBD) by nomination-only *Coming 2020
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is Eligible to apply?
D.E.F. administers a variety of scholarships which are open to Durango High School and Durango Big Picture High School seniors only, unless otherwise indicated on the individual scholarship criteria.
When does the Application Cycle open?
Applications are will open for 2019 awards on January 1, 2019. We ask that applicants thoughtfully review the criteria for each scholarship and apply only as appropriate.
When are applications due?
The deadline to apply is February 1st. In-person submissions must be in by 5: 00 PM due to 9-R Administration Building Hours. Electronic submissions will accepted until February 1 at 11:59 PM. NO EXCEPTIONS.
When will recipients be notified?
Notification of recipients will be made within four weeks of deadline.Who should I contact if I have any questions?Contact Durango Education Foundation via phone at (970) 385-1491 or by email at 9RFoundation@gmail.com
How do I view past recipients?Visit the Scholarship Recipients Page by clicking here.
What are other tips and notes I should be aware of?
- Applicants should use their essays to address the unique criteria of each offering.
- Photocopied transcripts are acceptable, provided that student’s name appears within the original print of the copy (not typed in separately). Evidence of tampering will be reason to refuse application.
- Recommendation letters should be included within the application packet. Ideally, they will address the applicant’s qualifications that are specifically relevant to the scholarship in question. Evidence of tampering will be reason to refuse application.
- Compile separate documents in one application. Submit application electronically OR in-person. DO NOT submit duplicate applications. We DO NOT accept partial applications and we WILL NOT compile materials received separately.
- Unless noted otherwise specifically, scholarships are not renewable.
- Notes for in-person submissions:
- Please verify 9-R Administration Building Hours before arriving
- Submit application in one envelope.
- DO NOT staple documents together
- DO NOT fasten or enclose in a binder or folder
- DO NOT include a photograph
- Notes for electronic submissions:
- Submit application to: DEFScholarships@gmail.com
- Compile and save documents in ONE .PDF with file name saved as: [First, Last Name]_[Scholarship Title] (i.e. Diana Cruz_Hartney Scholarship)
- If you do not receive a confirmation email, please contact (970) 385-1491 to verify receipt.