Application Cycle: November 15, 2019 (tentative) – February 1, 2020
Deadline to Submit: February 1, 2020 by 11:59 PM
Award Amount: $1,500 to student’s choice school
Selection: Recipients will be selected by the DEF Scholarship Committee in conjunction with the Zink Family
To be awarded to a student graduating from Durango High School or Durango Big Picture High School who needs financial assistance and is seeking teaching, agricultural education or a degree in a medical or nursing field.
Applications are by electronic-submission only via the link provided. If you do not have access to a computer, please inform your High School Counselor, Trio Counselor, or Educator for help. To ensure a complete application, please carefully read through the details below.
A complete application will include:
1. All student information (i.e. name, contact information, GPA, intended colleges, etc)
2. Current transcript including senior year mid-term grades. Please note: a complete senior transcript showing sustained GPA may be required before award is remitted to student’s choice college
3. Letter of Interest (1 page) that addresses:
– Qualifications for award
– Intentions for college
4. Statement of Financial Need
5. Two (2) Letters of Recommendation (LORs) from an unrelated parties