- Submit your grant as early as possible; this will allow time to review and make necessary revisions to any missing information or errors.
- An invitation to apply doesn’t guarantee DEF; and 9-R review does not guarantee DEF approval.
- For Organizations Outside of School District 9-R: Organization must be a 501(c)3 non-profit. Grant must impact 9-R classrooms/students and must be sponsored by a 9-R Staff/School. Submit directly to DEF either electronically or on paper. DEF will direct the application through the 9-R internal grant process, if necessary. Use of a 9-R facility or incorporation into a 9-R program will require building supervisor’s permission; please document permission(s) in your grant. Note: technology and materials purchased within this grant become property of Durango School District 9-R; exceptions can be made by DEF.
- At its discretion, DEF may require additional verification of the ability and qualifications of the grant applicant(s) to implement the proposed program.
- Grants must be fully implemented within one year of award. Exceptions must have DEF approval.
- Changes in the use of funds must be pre-approved by DEF.
- Funds will be ready to access the day after fiscal close, unless indicated otherwise on the application. Verify Fiscal Close Date with 9-R Finance Department or 9-R Grant Specialist.
- A Post-Grant Evaluation is required for all awarded grants within 6 months of grant implementation. Evaluations are due [Fall Date] or [Spring Date], applicant will indicate preferred date on their application. An evaluation must be submitted before grantee can be considered for subsequent grants.
- Recipient will acknowledge DEF support and will allow the use of program materials and photographs for DEF publicity. Recipient must obtain student and parent/guardian (for minors) permissions prior to submitting photographs to DEF.
- DEF loves to see grants in action. Please contact DEF to schedule a school visit after awarded grants have been implemented. DEF can help take photographs and document your efforts for your post-grant evaluation.
For Questions, Concerns and More Information:
Diana Cruz, DEF Executive Director
Phone: (970) 385 – 1491
Durango Education Foundation, 201 E. 12th Street, Garden Level Durango, CO 81301