2021-2022 SCHOLARSHIP CYCLE: APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED
NOVEMBER 15, 2021 – FEBRUARY 15, 2022
*Deadline Extended to February 28*
Application Cycle: November 15 - February 15
Deadline to Submit: February 15 by 11:59 PM
Award Amount: $5,000 paid directly to a 4-year college or university in Colorado.
Selection: Recipients will be selected by the DEF Scholarship Committee. Preference will be given to students planning to attend Fort Lewis College.
ELIGIBILITY AND REQUIREMENTS
Eligible applicants will be:
-Graduating from Durango High School or Big Picture High School in good academic and behavior standing
-Earning a minimum of a 2.75 GPA in high school
-Must be planning to attend a four-year college or university in Colorado
Applications are by electronic submission. If you do not have access to a computer, please inform your High School Counselor or Educator. To ensure a complete application, please carefully read through the outlined details below.
A complete application will include:
-All student information (i.e. name, contact information, GPA, intended colleges, etc)
-Current transcript showing a 4-year cumulative GPA of 2.75 or above
-Letter of Interest (250-500 Words) that addresses:
- Describe your educational and career goals. What are your passions for the future?
- Describe any community involvement, volunteer activities, or extracurricular activities.
- Discuss any hardships you have overcome or currently face
- Discuss how this scholarship would help you reach your goals
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from teachers, staff members, or employers who have worked directly with the applicant in high school. Letters should address high school accomplishments and potential for future success.
Have questions? Contact DEFscholarships@gmail.com